Free no-obligation estimates :
Toll Free: 866-340-9939
Phone 905-667-5624 Toll free 1-866-340-9939 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Copyright 2013 Ecosuds Carpet and Upholstery Care
Ecosuds Carpet & Upholstery Care provides the very best carpet cleaning
and upholstery cleaning services in Hamilton, Ancaster, Burlington, Brantford, Dundas, Oakville, Grimsby, Stoney Creek, Waterdown, Winona,
Golden Horseshoe of Ontario
1. There are so many companies listed in the telephone directory and on the internet, where do I start?
Here are some points to consider if you decide to contact any of the companies listed:
In addition to the Von Schrader Air Cell Extraction Method (exclusively used by Ecosuds), there are three main cleaning methods: Hot water extraction (steam), Rotary Foam cleaning and absorbent compound cleaning. Each cleaning method uses a different combination of equipment and products.
Any carpet and upholstery cleaning professional should first assess the job to be done and carry out a pre-test, so that they can provide you with an accurate price, estimate the length of time for the clean and make you aware of any key information to help you decide whether you should go ahead with the clean.
All professionals should offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for the work they do.
2. How often should I have my carpets and upholstery cleaned?
Independent research (the Carpet and Rug Institute) recommends that carpets be cleaned every 6-12 months. We recommend you clean and refresh your soft furnishings every 12 to 18 months. However, this very much depends on your circumstances, for instance whether your home is prone to heavy soiling because of children or pets or whether anyone is your family suffers from allergies, asthma, or health sensitivities.
When you clean your carpets and furniture regularly, you remove potentially damaging abrasive soil, extending the life of your carpets and upholstery. The more frequently you clean, the longer lasting the results each time.
3. What is the difference between the Von Schrader Air Cell Extraction™ method
and other carpet cleaning methods?
The Von Schrader Air Cell Extraction™ method cleans carpets in an entirely different way to all other methods.
Air Cell Extraction™ technology uses thousands of tiny Air Cells which are 90% air and only 10% moisture, which prevents overwetting. Air Cell technology dramatically lowers moisture which eliminates problems associated with wet cleaning.
• Cleans deeply and completely. Other cleaning processes leave dirt-laden water behind or just clean the surface of your carpet. Von Schrader’s air cell extraction cleans all the way down to the base of your carpet and extracts all the soil in just one pass. In fact, it is so unique that it’s patented.
• Dries quickly - often in just one to three hours. No over wetting or bad odors. No shrinking, warping or mildew. The air cell extraction process uses bubbles for moisture control– not gallons of hot water – to get your carpet and upholstery completely clean. We're also green and aircraft approved. It's the perfect encapsulation system.
• Is safe for people, pets — and the environment. Our carpet and upholstery cleaning processes use gentle, biodegradable, non-toxic, and fragrance-free detergents that leave no sticky or oily residues to attract and hold soil.
4. Why can’t you give me a firm price for cleaning my carpets over the phone?
The price for a clean is not just dependant on the room size or amount of upholstery to be cleaned, but the type of carpet or upholstery fibres and the amount of soiling or staining. Specialized treatments might also be necessary or desired, so these would also need to be costed into the price.
It is better for you that we assess the potential job properly and be sure of the level of work involved, so that we can give you an accurate price.
5. How long will the cleaning take?
This depends on the size of the room or the amount of upholstery. It will also depend on the level of soiling and whether there is any heavy staining.
We will be able to provide you with an approximate time once we have assessed the job to be done and we provide our free, no-obligation quotation.
6. Do I need to be at home while the clean is being carried out?
No, we should be able to indicate the length of time the clean will take when we provide you with a quotation, so you can always leave us to get on with the job for this period of time. Alternatively, you can provide us with a key, if it makes things easier for you.
7. Do I need to do anything before you come to do the cleaning?
We might recommend you remove some smaller items of furniture, electronics, fragile, or any valuable items from the rooms. We will discuss this with you when we visit your property to provide you with a quotation.
8. How soon will I be able to walk on my carpets after they’ve been cleaned?
Technically you should be able to walk on carpets immediately, as there is no dirt-attracting residue left behind following an Ecosuds cleaning. However, to avoid potential accidents as a result of slipping on a damp surface, we recommend that carpets be left to dry for a couple of hours.
Most carpets dry in 2-3 hours, although this drying time is impacted by the type of carpet fibre, the soiled state of the carpet prior to cleaning (amount of solution applied) and of course, the weather conditions.
9. What’s the difference between a stain and a spot?
Professionals will usually refer to a surface mark or substance on the carpet or upholstery as a Spot and a discolouration of carpet or upholstery fibres as a Stain.
10. If I choose not to protect my carpets or soft furnishings, will they get dirtier more
Blockade with Dupont Teflon TM will lengthen the time in-between cleanings. Telfon forms an invisible barrier that not only repels wet spills like kool-aid, ketchup, and wine, but dry abrasive soils too. Dirt just slides right off the slippery Teflon treated surface and are easily removed when you vacuum.
11. I keep getting fliers and coupons from companies offering Carpet cleaning for half
the price of Ecosuds.
They won’t be offering the same service. Alternative methods of cleaning may appear to be cheaper, but the fact is that the Ecosuds Von Scrader Air Cell Extraction™ method saves you money in the long run. That is because it cleans your soft furnishings in an entirely different way .
Carpets cleaned by Ecosuds stay clean 2-3x longer and actually resoil less than a new carpet. That is because our unique method leaves a dry anti-resoil coating on each fibre. So even though regular cleaning is necessary to extend the life of any carpet or fabric, you’ll actually need to clean them less frequently than you would do with other processes.
9. If the Von Schrader Air Cell Extraction™ process is so good, why don’t most other
carpet and upholstery cleaning companies use it?
The Von Schrader Air Cell Extraction method is far superior in cleaning power, but the process requires more cleaning time and expertise than other methods. Companies that are focused on high volume, cheap business, rather than high quality, healthy and beautiful results, will not use The Von Schrader method.
10. Von Schrader is a worldwide company so how can I be sure of personal service?
Each Von Schrader business (i.e. Ecosuds Carpet & Upholstery Care) is independently owned and operated. We use the Von Schrader process and products exclusively and are trained to the highest of industry standards both technically and service wise. We are responsible for making our business a success and therefore aim to keep our customers happy so they keep coming back to us – and hopefully recommend us to friends and family!
11. What if I am not satisfied with the job you do?
Please tell us. If we don’t know you are not satisfied, then we can’t try to make things right. We don’t get everything right every time, but we are always trying to better our service quality and performance.
We offer our "You Must be Absolutely Delighted Warranty". If you are unhappy for any reason, we will return and re-clean the area of concern. If you are still unhappy, we will refund your money.